Sleep medicine is recognized today as a medical sub-specialty and by its own nature encompasses broad areas of clinical medicine.
Dr. Kuang offers clinical expertise in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of obstructive sleep apnea, narcolepsy, insomnia and research studies associated with excessive daytime sleepiness.
Dr. Kuang is board certified at Internal Medicine and Sleep Medicine. He is an active member at American Academy of Sleep Medicine. Dr. Kuang treats sleep problems through sleep studies and compassionate consultation.
- Postdoctoral research at National Institutes of Health;
- Internal Medicine intern and residency training at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences;
- Fellowship training at Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas;
- Assistance professor position at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas;
- Sleep Lab Medical Directors at Baylor Medical Center at Garland and Dallas VA Medical Center.
Originally from China,Dr. Kuang holds MD and PhD degrees from prestige’s medical schools in China. He offer his nearly 30 year’s clinical and medical research experience in sleep disorders.
Dr. Kuang holds memberships in various professional organizations, including: The American Academy of Sleep Medicine, the Texas Medical Association.
Dr. Kuang enjoys travel, sports, spending time with his family, doing volunteer work in local communities and hand crafting. He also is involved in medical missions donating his time and expertise in charity clinics and hospitals.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Kuang, please call 469-878-5607